Leadership and the associated demands on managers have changed considerably in recent years. Some teams still work in the “classic” way, others are already self-organised or even agile. In some cases, leadership work is already divided into roles and carried out by several people.
Line managers need a high level of process competence in order to manage the work on the organisation within the management circle on the one hand and to provide their own assigned teams with a good framework for successfully completing their work on the other hand.
Führung und die damit verbundenen Anforderungen an Führungskräfte haben sich in den letzten Jahren stark geändert. Teams arbeiten z. T. noch “klassisch”, andere bereits selbst-organisiert bis agil. Die Führungsarbeit wird in einigen Fällen schon in Rollen aufgeteilt und von mehreren Personen wahrgenommen. Linienführungskräfte brauchen hohe Prozesskompetenz, um einerseits die Arbeit an der Organisation im Führungskreis zu managen und andererseits den eigenen zugeordneten Teams einen guten Rahmen zu geben, ihre Arbeit erfolgreich zu erledigen.
In this training you will work on building and expanding your leadership skills. We deal with classic leadership topics, such as setting and pursuing goals, delegation of tasks, division of labour and consolidation of results, team coordination, observation and feedback.
Conscious learning from experience is encouraged by a structured “review” after each assignment. Learning in the training is based on practical experience of working on the tasks and on further input in the plenary session.
Contents at a glance
GUIDing STRUCTURED COOPERATION
- The Coverdale Aims Grid compared to other target definition models
- Set and pursue measurable goals
- Making the right decisions based on a clear definition of an aim
- Completing assignments with practical and leadership-relevant content (focus: integration, delegation, motivation, organisation) in a structured manner
- Consciously perceive one’s own leadership role through reflection and analysis of one’s own leadership behaviour
- Carry out the integration of new employees profitably for the team
- Design delegation processes and monitor the achievement of results
- The delegation funnel
- Deploy employees according to their strengths
- Review and discuss leadership situations of delegates
the delegation funnel
With the help of the delegation funnel, managers can evaluate how independently their employees can work. We recommend that the evaluation is carried out with the employees and that they decide together how the further development can take place.
This tool gives managers a good overview of how they themselves prefer to delegate tasks and whether this preference matches the employees’ level of development or where there is a need for correction.